The $2000 USSHBA /YHS American Breeder Awards Program will recognize the top US-based breeders of the 2020 Young Horse Show Qualifying season.
Current standings, last updated 9/6/2020
Eligibility and Rules
- The 2020 USSHBA/YHS Breeders awards are designed to recognize American breeders of entries bred and foaled in the USA, competing at Young Horse Show Qualifiers during the 2020 season.
- Eligibility: Two or more horses from the same breeder of record (per registration papers) must have competed at any Young Horse Show over the course of the 2020 qualifying season.
- Entries do not have to compete at the same qualifying event.
- Entries do not have to be owned by the breeder.
- Foals bred outside the USA and imported in-utero are not eligible.
- Scores earned at the 2020 Young Horse Show Finals not to count.
- To determine rankings, the highest scores earned from each of an eligible breeder’s top scoring two entries in any Young Horse Show class will be combined. Final standings will be determined after tabulating scores from the last Young Horse Show Qualifier of the 2020 season.
- Up to six eligible breeders will be awarded prize money as follows: 1st-$1000, 2nd-$500, 3rd-$200, 4th- $100, 5th- $100, 6th- $100
- Presentation of awards and prize monies will be made at the the Young Horse Show Finals Saturday Night Lights Dinner, November 7th, 2020, at Tryon International Equestrian Center.
- If requested, owners and breeders shall bear responsibility for providing the United States Sport Horse Breeders Association and the Young Horse Shows with breeder documentation/proof, as well as necessary contact and tax identification information. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeit of awards/monies.